Mighty Bear Games is a fast-growing gaming studio founded by games industry veterans with a combined 50+ years of AAA experience. The Mighty Bear team is a collective of games industry veterans from the likes of King, Ubisoft, EA, LucasArts, Disney, Gameloft, and Jagex. We are driven by a shared passion – to be the pioneer of a new generation of games studios that embrace transparency. Our studio is devoted to making players across the world smile.
With their debut mobile title in stores now, the bears are not resting on their laurels. We have other titles in the works with a greater focus on accessibility and we are all-in on this next adventure. As the studio is entering its next stage of development of games, we’re looking for a talented UI Artist to help bring our games to life.
Roles and Responsibilities
A successful UI Artist will need to do the following:
- Define the look and feel of our breakthrough mobile titles together with the rest of the art team.
- Create visually appealing, user-friendly, consistent and crisp user interface art assets (e.g. menus, buttons, icons and animation etc).
- Work closely with the art team, product owner, designers and engineers, establishing production pipeline and best practices for art and asset creation for the game.
- Contribute to the brand/art style guides and technical documentation.
- Keep yourself up to date with the latest game artwork trends and influences.
The successful candidate will also be a mobile gamer, or at the very least have an interest and an openness to learning a lot about the industry in a very short amount of time. A few other traits that we are on the lookout for:
- Deep knowledge and interest in usability and freemium best-practices as they relate to interface design.
- Familiarity with Photoshop.
- An avid interest in all types of art & graphic design.
- A well-developed sense of color and composition.
- A substantial interest in form and typography.
- Ability and will to work independently. The team will always be there to support and guide but we do not practice micromanagement!
As a bonus, you would have:
- 3+ years of experience creating artwork for games.
- A more stylised (cartoony) portfolio.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator / After Effects.
- Experience with Unity 3D or similar.
- Understanding of animation fundamentals (2D/3D).
- Multiple shipped game titles (AAA or mobile).
- Experience with working in an Agile / Scrum environment.
We are on the prowl for more bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One). We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you’re on board with the idea of being a part of a team committed to building a world-leading studio, you’ve come to the right place!
Don’t be shy: even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we are always interested to meet interesting people, just drop us an email at email@example.com with your portfolio!