Mighty Bear Games is a fast-growing gaming studio founded by games industry veterans with a combined 50+ years of AAA experience. The Mighty Bear team is a collective of games industry veterans from the likes of King, Ubisoft, EA, LucasArts, Disney, Gameloft, and Jagex. We are driven by a shared passion – to be the pioneer of a new generation of games studios that embrace transparency. Our studio is devoted to making players across the world smile.
With their debut mobile title released, the bears are not resting on their laurels. We have other titles in the works with a greater focus on accessibility and we are all-in on this next adventure. As the studio is entering its next stage of development of games, we’re looking for a talented Technical Artist to take our visuals and art to the next level.
You will work collaboratively with our art director, the art team, producers and stakeholders to define our asset creation pipeline, introduce tools and improve internal workflows to achieve great art and visuals.
Roles and Responsibilities
A successful Technical Artist will need to do the following:
- Defining our asset creation pipelines, guidelines and workflows to achieve the art direction necessary
- Helping other artists validate and develop their stylistic ideas in terms of what is achievable or not
- Supporting the art team with implementation of visual assets within Unity
- Mentoring, coaching our artists and improving the documentation surrounding visual quality and best practices for the art team
- Investigating new tools, pipelines and workflows to consistently push the visual quality of the game
- Setting up and optimising the art assets to achieve the best possible quality while working within the technical limitations of the platform
- Being the main technical art point of contact for artists and engineers
- Through strong communication skills, you will bring clarity to complex technical issues and their solutions
The successful candidate will also be a mobile gamer, or at the very least have an interest and an openness to learning a lot about the industry in a very short amount of time. A few other traits that we are on the lookout for:
- 2+ years in the gaming industry, with at least 1 shipped mobile title
- Great understanding of both 2D and 3D pipelines
- Perfect command of Unity
- Understanding of shaders, optimizations and workflows for mobile games
- Some Principles or Art fundamentals knowledge (colours, composition, values…)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Able to work autonomously in a small sized team
- Fluent in English
As a bonus, you would have:
- Experience with C# or Python
- Knowledge of Houdini
- Experience in Tools programming/scripting for Maya or Blender and one Editor (e.g Unity, UDK, Source…)
- Understanding of Rigging and Skinning
We are on the prowl for more bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One). We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you’re on board with the idea of being a part of a team committed to building a world-leading studio, you’ve come to the right place!
Don’t be shy: even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we are always interested to meet interesting people, just drop us an email at email@example.com