Mighty Bear Games is a fast-growing gaming studio founded by games industry veterans with a combined 50+ years of AAA experience. The Mighty Bear team is a collective of games industry veterans from the likes of King, Ubisoft, EA, LucasArts, Disney, Gameloft, and Jagex. We are driven by a shared passion – to be the pioneer of a new generation of games studios that embrace transparency. Our studio is devoted to making players across the world smile.
With their debut mobile title in stores now, the bears are not resting on their laurels. We have other titles in the works with a greater focus on accessibility and we are all-in on this next adventure. As the studio is entering its next stage of development of games, we’re looking for a talented QA Lead for our future titles.
The QA Assistant will be managing testing and assure quality across multiple projects, and work closely with all departments to ensure they meet their goals timely.
Roles and Responsibilities
The QA Assistant will have a few responsibilities. These include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that our games ship with minimal bugs and stability issues
- Deliver and write clear and consistent functional testing reports
- Organize and write clear and concise test case scripts.
- Have a good eye for detail to spot issues, posses the skills to investigate them and then clearly report via verbal and written bug reports.
- Work with or manage other QA team members to ensure high quality of work
- Collaborating closely with a product team that consists of programmers, artists, and developers
- Champion best practices for testing, testing processes and testing tools to ensure our teams are working as efficiently and effectively as possible
The successful candidate will be a mobile gamer, or at the very least have an interest and an openness to learning a lot about the industry in a very short amount of time. A few other traits that we are on the lookout for:
- You possess good troubleshooting and isolation knowledge.
- Ability to define and articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions clearly
- You can execute test or task requests and provide test results in a timely manner.
- Able to adapt to new tasks, requests or situations
- Show eagerness to learn and improve
- Passion for playing all types of games across multiple genres
As a bonus, you would have:
- 1-3 years of QA experience; preferably technical
- Prior experience in community, support, LiveOps, or QA
We are on the prowl for more bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One). We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you’re on board with the idea of being a part of a team committed to building a world-leading studio, you’ve come to the right place!
Don’t be shy: even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we are always interested to meet interesting people, just drop us an email at email@example.com!