Mighty Bear Games is a fast-growing gaming studio founded by games industry veterans with a combined 50+ years of AAA experience. The Mighty Bear team is a collective of games industry veterans from the likes of King, Ubisoft, EA, LucasArts, Disney, Gameloft, and Jagex. We are driven by a shared passion – to be the pioneer of a new generation of games studios that embrace transparency. Our studio is devoted to making players across the world smile.
With their debut mobile title in stores now, the bears are not resting on their laurels. We have other titles in the works with a greater focus on accessibility and we are all-in on this next adventure. As the studio is entering its next stage of development of games, we’re looking for a passionate and skilled Product Manager to work with and lead a small (under 20 staff), agile, cross-functional team.
Roles and Responsibilities
A successful Product Manager will need to do the following:
- Ship and operate mobile games developed internally or externally
- Manage trade-offs between scope, quality, budget and schedule
- Partner with internal key stakeholders including Marketing, UA, Production and Operations to drive seamless execution of the Product’s roadmap
- Help define the project vision at the start of new projects
- Oversee multiple teams and ensure their work is on-track, at the right quality level, and consistent with the original project vision and the intended audience
- Contribute gameplay ideas and concepts for new titles
- Define and execute strategies combining Product actions and Marketing initiatives
- Manage a small team of experts and drive informed decisions with them on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and resources
- Identify, communicate and solve roadblocks that may prevent the team from achieving their targets
- Understand our business goals, and shepherd games through greenlight gates to launch and beyond
- Participate in the management of 3rd party technology and tools (business intelligence, analytics, A/B testing etc.)
- Contribute to the decisions that shape the products and the company by giving as well as receiving feedback
The successful candidate will be a mobile gamer, or at the very least have an interest and an openness to learn a lot about the industry in a very short amount of time. A few other traits that we are on the lookout for:
- Shipped multiple games
- Deep knowledge of the games industry and the wider market
- A keen interest in related creative arts (music, film, literature, etc.)
- 5+ years of development experience
- A strong sense of empathy for the end-user: “How would this update make me feel?”
- The ability to objectively analyse and derive relevant learnings from user data and market data
- Working knowledge of development and tools for Android and iOS
- The ability to lead in potentially difficult situations and cope with the pressure of deadlines and/or sudden setbacks
- The ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and adapt your communication style based on the intended recipient
- Strong presenting skills
- Passion about games and a drive to create the next big mobile hit
- Possess a high sense of quality and polish and pride in the work you deliver
As a bonus, you would have:
- Experience working on a successful ($60m> annual revenue) free-to-play game
We are on the prowl for more bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One). We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you’re on board with the idea of being a part of a team committed to building a world-leading studio, you’ve come to the right place!
Don’t be shy: even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we are always interested to meet interesting people, just drop us an email at email@example.com!