Mighty Bear Games is a fast-growing gaming studio founded by games industry veterans with a combined 50+ years of AAA experience. The Mighty Bear team is a collective of games industry veterans from the likes of King, Ubisoft, EA, LucasArts, Disney, Gameloft, and Jagex. We are driven by a shared passion – to be the pioneer of a new generation of games studios that embrace transparency. Our studio is devoted to making players across the world smile.
With their debut mobile title in stores now, the bears are not resting on their laurels. We have other titles in the works with a greater focus on accessibility and we are all-in on this next adventure. As the studio is entering its next stage of development of games, we’re looking for a talented Game Designer to lead the design of our next mobile title.
The Game Designer will ideally be an agile and cross-functional generalist with an eagerness to design, execute and implement your ideas in the game. As part of the design team, you will enjoy a creative, challenging, and collaborative environment where your ideas and knowledge in design and mobile games will create the next big hit.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Game Designer will have a few responsibilities. These include, but are not limited to:
- Coming up with well-documented designs and fun gameplay features for a breakthrough mobile game
- Collaborating closely with a product team that consists of programmers, artists, and developers
- Managing all creative aspects of the game from pitching ideas, to rapid prototyping, pre-production onto test markets, launch and beyond
- Making sure the entire team is aligned on the vision and feels like they are contributing to the design
- Iterating, playtesting and taking in feedback from all sources in order to push the boundary of the game’s design and feature set constantly
The successful candidate will be a mobile gamer, or at the very least have an interest and an openness to learning a lot about the industry in a very short amount of time. A few other traits that we are on the lookout for:
- Absolute passion for playing all types of games across multiple genres
- Deep and comprehensive knowledge of the mobile games industry and game design theory
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to the latest player trends
- Ability to define and articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions clearly
- Very strong analytical skills, expert knowledge of Excel
As a bonus, you would have:
- Multiple shipped titles and experience in the games industry
- Experience in a lead design role
- Extensive content and systems design experience, ideally someone who has creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery
- Prior experience in community, support, LiveOps, or QA
We are on the prowl for more bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One). We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you’re on board with the idea of being a part of a team committed to building a world-leading studio, you’ve come to the right place!
Don’t be shy: even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we are always interested to meet interesting people, just drop us an email at email@example.com!