Mighty Bear Games is a fast-growing gaming studio founded by games industry veterans with a combined 50+ years of AAA experience. The Mighty Bear team is a collective of games industry veterans from the likes of King, Ubisoft, EA, LucasArts, Disney, Gameloft, and Jagex. We are driven by a shared passion – to be the pioneer of a new generation of games studios that embrace transparency. Our studio is devoted to making players across the world smile.
With their debut mobile title released, the bears are not resting on their laurels. We have other titles in the works with a greater focus on accessibility and we are all-in on this next adventure. As the studio is entering its next stage of development of games, we’re looking for passionate and skilled developers to help craft new gameplay features, engineer shared technologies and collaborate with designers on new and innovative ideas. In particular, we want a Full-Stack Engineer that is comfortable with working in a small, agile, cross-functional team.
Roles and Responsibilities
A successful Full-Stack Engineer will need to do the following:
- Developing, iterating, and maintaining game systems and features in Unity3D and our proprietary game server
- Executing and implementing features for the product as well as to empower the team
- Improving system stability by following and encouraging best practices like agile development and test-driven development
- Collaborating on system design
- Participating in peer code reviews
- Contributing to the decisions that shape the products and the company by giving as well as receiving feedback
The successful candidate will be a mobile gamer, or at the very least have an interest and an openness to learning a lot about the industry in a very short amount of time. A few other traits that we are on the lookout for:
- Shipped multiple features and projects in a live environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of development experience
- Experience with Unity3D, C#, and Java
- Working knowledge of development and tools for Android and iOS
- Able to communicate and solve mathematics, and physics-based problems effectively
- You are passionate about games and would love to create the next big mobile hit
- Possess a high sense of quality and polish and pride in the work you deliver
Experience or understanding of the below technologies is helpful to the position, the more the better, but expertise in all is not expected – on the job learning and training is highly supported.
- Java 8
- TCP / UDP Sockets programming
- Microservices – Tracing / Service Discovery / Inter-Service Messaging / Monitoring
- Performant and scalable data – NoSQL / In-memory datastore
- Containers – Docker / Kubernetes
- Production experience with integration and stress testing
- Continuous Integration and Build Automation – Gradle / Ansible / Jenkins
- Automatic Monitoring and Maintenance – Unix / Bash / Prometheus / Grafana / ELK
- Using managed services listed above on AWS and/or Google Cloud
- Developing high volume and performance-critical services
As a bonus, you would have:
- Experience working on a successful (>1M MAU) free-to-play game
We are on the prowl for more bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One). We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you’re on board with the idea of being a part of a team committed to building a world-leading studio, you’ve come to the right place!
Don’t be shy: even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we are always interested to meet interesting people, just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!