Mighty Bear Games is a fast-growing gaming studio founded by games industry veterans with a combined 50+ years of AAA experience. The Mighty Bear team is a collective of games industry veterans from the likes of King, Ubisoft, EA, LucasArts, Disney, Gameloft, and Jagex. We are driven by a shared passion – to be the pioneer of a new generation of games studios that embrace transparency. Our studio is devoted to making players across the world smile.
With their debut mobile title in stores now, the bears are not resting on their laurels. We have other titles in the works with a greater focus on accessibility and we are all-in on this next adventure. As the studio is entering its next stage of development of games, we’re looking for a Concept Artist to bring our ideas to life.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Concept Artist will have a few responsibilities. These include, but are not limited to:
- Together with the art team, define the look and feel of our breakthrough mobile title.
- Design fun and playful FX, environments, props, characters and creatures.
- Research and collect visual material to define and improve the visual style and build awesome brands.
- Build the brand/art style guides and technical documentation.
- Consider the gameplay implications of the design and the overall player experience.
- Work closely with the art team, product owner, designers and engineers and the community.
- Keep yourself up to date with game artwork trends and influences.
The successful candidate will also be a mobile gamer, or at the very least have an interest and an openness to learning a lot about the industry in a very short amount of time. A few other traits that we are on the lookout for:
- Great humility and thoughtfulness when taking and receiving feedback from your team.
- A great sensibility for stylised work.
- Very good illustration and storytelling skills with an eye for perspective, color, lighting, mood and composition.
- Good sense of form, shape, silhouette, scale and surface materials.
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop.
- An avid interest in all types of art & graphic design.
- An appreciation of UI and UX in general.
- Ability and will to work independently. The team will always be there to support and guide but we do not practice micro management!
- Fluent in English
As a bonus, you would have:
- 3+ years experience creating artwork for games.
- Knowledge of basic 3D software packages. Extensive experience employing 3D techniques into a concept workflow is an advantage.
- Multiple shipped game titles (AAA or mobile).
- Experience with working in an Agile / Scrum environment.
We are on the prowl for more bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One). We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you’re on board with the idea of being a part of a team committed to building a world-leading studio, you’ve come to the right place!
Don’t be shy: even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we are always interested to meet interesting people, just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org